The current price of Mtn Lumos solar costs ₦200,000 (ECO–Solar Home System) and ₦260,000 (Lumos Prime–Solar Home System).
Let’s learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of mtn lumos mobile electricity. Plus, mtn solar inverter review of each.
Are you ready? Let’s go!
Mtn Solar Inverter Reviews
MTN offers it at N235,000 while Jumia sells the Lumos Prime for N163,000, down from N204,750.
We, however, sell it cheaper at N163,000.
Lumos Prime requires a down payment of N65,000 and a monthly installment payment of N7,300. The down payment covers the installment for the first month though.
The Lumos Prime now comes with two 80W solar panels for quicker charging. Plus, the Lumos Prime’s battery boasts of a watt-hour rating of 330Wh and a total output power of 160W.
From experience, it is able to power DC fans, radios, Laptops, mobile phones, and some low-power TV’s.
What’s In The Box
When you order the Lumos Prime Home Solar System, you’ll be getting:
- 1 IDU (indoor unit) with 330Wh LiFePO4 in-built battery
- 2 X 80W Solar panels
- 1 X Charging cable
- 4 X LED bulbs
- 1 DC-AC Converter
Why You should Call us for Installation
Once you have made payment for your order with us, a Lumos-certified installer will be assigned to your location to install the solar system for you.
You’ll need to pay the installer a fixed price of N10,000 if you’re in Lagos, Rivers/Bayelsa is N8,000 while other states would cost you N7,000.
Note: Prices are bound to change in the future due to economic factors but we’d be happy to consider your requests.
The Lumos ECO requires a down payment of N60,000 and a monthly installment payment of N5,500.
The down payment plan features installment for the first month. You can get the Lumos at a direct price of N180,000 from us.
You’ll get a 200Wh battery that can power USB charger points, LED lights, Laptops, fans, radios, and small TVs.
When you order the Lumos ECO Home Solar System, you’ll be getting:
- 1 IDU (Indoor Unit) with 200Wh in-built LI-ION battery
- 1 X 80W Solar panel
- 1 X Charging cable
- 2 X LED bulbs
- 1 DC-AC Converter
How Much Is Mtn Lumos Monthly Subscription?
Mtn Solar Customer Care Number
Dial 180 to reach MTN Lumos customer care.
Next, pick the option for inquiries on MTN-Lumos electricity service then you will be redirected to a customer support agent who will handle your queries.
I have also helped our customers reach out to these agents to solve issues regarding their pay-as-you-go service.
Mtn Solar Subscription Price
In case you cannot afford a direct-to-own purchase, to be able to use the systems, Lumos has put in a monthly installment or subscription plan that can go over a period of four years that will cover the remaining costs.
Here it is:
|Initial Down Payment
Advantages of the MTN Lumos Solar System
- You and your family enjoy 24 hours of power supply as far as the sun is up or your battery is completely charged.
- It is economical. That is, you can pay daily, monthly, quarterly or yearly.
- The MTN solar system packages come alongside two mobile phone chargers (one of them being a USB type)
- All issues your setup develops get fixed by Lumos/MTN for FREE.
- The Yellow box is self-protective, it would trip off to protect the setup once you connect more than the maximum load capacity.
Disadvantages of MTN Lumos Mobile Electricity
- It is unable to power heavy power-consuming electronics like washing machines, freezers, refrigerators, and large LED TVs.
- It can only be charged with the sun, and not with NEPA light or generators. So, you will suffer power supply on days with cloudy or rainy weather.
- Because it’s a pay-as-you-go system setup, you won’t be able to use the inverter system if you fail to pay.
Alternative to MTN Lumos Mobile Electricity
To be honest, the issue I had with the MTN solar inverter system is the 60W maximum AC load capacity, which is too small compared to what most Nigerian consumers need.
We recommend getting a system that allows at least 500W since that can power a lot of home appliances at a go.
Does this sound like something you are interested in? Contact us today and a customer solar setup would be discussed.
How To Change Mtn Lumos Number
Contact MTN customer support by dialing 180 and they’d be happy to help.
How To Check Mtn Lumos Balance
You can check MTN Solar inverter balance by:
- Contacting MTN by dialing 180 to help.
- Paying for a new plan. When you do that, you’ll be able to see the number of days that you have paid for.
- Dialing either of these numbers- 08001234567 or 08004440444
How to Install MTN Lumos Inverter
Upon purchase, MTN/Lumos technicians will be assigned to install your MTN Lumos inverter for you for free.
How To Use Mtn Lumos For Free
At the moment, there is no mtn Lumos cheat that lets you use the yellow box for free.
Do not tamper with the setup at any point during or after installation. If your system develops any fault at all, you’re to contact the Lumos service support center, from where a technician would be deployed to fix the issue (without you having to pay).
Mtn Lumos Vs Beebeejump
Personally, I wouldn’t recommend either, at least if you’re serious about the independent power supply.
BeeBee Jump can power a 100-watt PC 2-3 times before the battery finishes and can power a 12-watt device for 10 hours plus. Bee bee jump customer support is poor.
The Lumos Prime now comes with two 80W solar panels for quicker charging. Plus, the Lumos Prime’s battery boasts of a watt-hour rating of 330Wh and a total output power of 160W. While MTN support is fine.
Mtn Lumos Not Charging, What to do
Send a DM to Lumos on Facebook via facebook.com/LumosNigeria and an energy consultant will be assigned to your case.